The easiest way to install ABCUpload is to use the installer.
The installer performs the following core functions.
- Places the ABCUpload6.DLL assembly into the Global Assembly
- Creates all necessary Event Logging and installation
- Installs the ABCSettings application
Under some circumstances you may wish to install ABCUpload
manually. At a minimum you can place the ABCUpload6.DLL assembly
into the bin directory of your web site. A copy of the DLL is
available in the ImageGlue .NET installation directory.
However if you do this the full installation procedure will not
have been followed. This has the following consequences:
- Assuming you have standard permissions set up then ABCUpload
will not be able to report warnings via the Application Event
- No installation serial key will have been created and so the 30
day trial period will not be available
You can install a serial key using the web.config file. For
details see the serial property in the ABCUpload Configuration section of